As the Director – Direct Sales (remote), you will be responsible for the strategic direction of all TDS Cable, Bend Broadband, and TDS Wireline direct sales and revenue generating operations activities in the consumer segment. This responsibility includes managing operations to add and retain profitable residential customers in all three business units via direct sales (door to door) activities. In addition, this position is responsible for consumer sales strategy development, improving sales results and culture and partnering with Marketing and Product Management leadership to develop aligned consumer sales strategy for the direct sales channel. This position consults on projects completed by Product Development/Management, Marketing, Field Services and Service Assurance.
The position manages and directs several teams critical to executing TDS’s strategy:
- The Consumer Sales wireline (ILEC & CLEC) direct sales team which acquires consumer wireline customers in order to achieve sales and revenue targets.
- The Consumer Sales cable (TDS Cable and Bend Broadband) direct sales teams which acquire consumer cable customers in order to achieve sales and revenue targets.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs 3,000 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, Telephone and Data Systems provides wireless, broadband, video, and voice as well as hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million connections nationwide through its businesses: UScellular, TDS Telecom, and OneNeck IT Solutions. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America’s Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
Lead the strategy and implementation of all consumer direct sales activities for cable and telco.
Provide operational direction to teams related to meeting key performance metrics aligned with company goals for revenue and customer churn.
Provide ongoing support and input on operations strategy for new markets, new products, Product Management initiatives, acquisitions, and strategic planning.
Work closely with Marketing and Product Management teams to complete strategy for attaining sales, revenue, and churn targets.
Providing operations direction to Marketing and Product Management team regarding marketing/product issues that may arise that impact operational activities.
Other duties as required by business need.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work experience.
- 10+ years of telecommunications OR sales OR customer service experience which includes experience and exposure to areas such as hiring, performance management, system enhancements, process improvement, coaching/mentoring, and/or project management experience.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Competitive telecommunications industry experience.
- Strong strategic planning skills with experience in customer acquisition and retention.
- Ability to plan and execute sales strategies that will produce revenue and results.
- Ability to analyze sales operations for success, profitability and customer loyalty and satisfaction of service provided.
- Previous management and supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, follow-through, and attention to detail.
Knowledge of up-to-date telecommunications policies, standard practices, laws, regulations and proposed changes and the ability to apply them consistently.
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred).
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work with employees at all levels.
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!