Who You Are
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Content to manage and lead our content
team. You will be responsible for creating a long term vision for our content and
strategically growing our content libraries against it. Your work will require partnerships
with marketing and product teams to evangelize our content within our product and
marketing functions. In addition to owning our content strategy, you will also lead and
mentor our content team, owning all aspects of departmental management and
leadership. The right candidate will marry two skillsets: first, a deep knowledge of the
creative industry, especially content production, so that they can speak authoritatively
about content trends and pain points relevant to our customers and our contributors.
Second, the candidate will come with strong business skills, including a proven track
record for managing budgets and/or product inventory, developing strategy,
managing teams, developing and hitting business goals, and working with executive
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Total Ownership of Content Strategy
• Content Priorities: Work with stakeholders to create a long-term vision for our
content strategy. Establish priorities for the content we should be acquiring based on
customer research and knowledge of industry trends.
• Content Acquisition Process: Oversee our process for content acquisition by setting
goals, setting the budget, identifying and clearing roadblocks, training the team, and
finding opportunities to maintain efficiency. Support our ongoing effort to improve
diversity in stock media by recruiting diverse content creators. Support acquisition
efforts and goals through developing partnerships with top tier talent.
• Contributor ambassador: Be the voice of our artist by communicating pain points,
trends, and artist-oriented solutions to our product team. Continue to drive an artist friendly community through relationship building, branding, and community
• Executive Stakeholder Management: Work with stakeholders, especially those on the
management team, to ensure broad buy-in for the content strategy.
Bringing Creative Expertise to Other Functions
• Supporting Brand Team: Bring your industry expertise and customer knowledge to
conversations with our Brand team as they set the language and tone of customer
• Supporting Product Strategy: Be a voice for the customer in Product strategy
discussions, ensuring that our product strategy and content strategy are well aligned.
• Ensure the Content team is supported through mentorship, coaching, training,
feedback, cultural investment, promotion fairness, and other aspects of career
development, in line with Storyblocks values.
What You Bring to the Table
• 3+ years of production, and/or editing experience
• 3+ years management experience
• 3+ years of e-commerce or content curation experience
• Ability to develop a team strategy and roadmap
• Experience managing a budget
• Strong relationship management skills and experience working with an artist community
• Comfort tackling undefined problem spaces and breaking them down into
manageable pieces for a team to execute against
• Team player that can collaborate and communicate with multiple stakeholders
• Deep knowledge of the creative process and the world of stock media
• Ability to use data to inform strategic direction
• Experience working with executive team stakeholders (Preferred)
To inquire confidentially about this role, please reach out to Kimberly Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org