Press Secretary / Digital Director
The Office of Rep. Frederica S. Wilson seeks an experienced, creative, and tech-savvy press secretary/digital director to join our communications team. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the member’s social media accounts, website, media lists, newsletters, mailers, advertisements, communications schedule, and other resources
- Compiling daily press clips, leading communications briefings, monitoring analytic data
- Assisting in the development of materials intended for the media, such as press releases, talking points, emails, advisories, pitches, media kits, and reports
- Creating graphics, editing photos, and videos
- Planning and staffing virtual, DC- and district-based events such as press conferences, tele-townhalls, and roundtables.
- Building relationships with local and national reporters
- Maximizing the member’s visibility through digital solutions
- Pitching innovative strategies to expand the Congresswoman’s reach on social media and elsewhere
- Photographing the Congresswoman at press conferences and other events
- Managing press interns and fellows
The press secretary/digital director will work closely with the communications director to implement an ambitious communications strategy. Candidates should have strong writing and creative skills, strong editing and proofreading skills, work well under pressure, and the availability to work long hours when necessary. The ideal candidate will have at least one year or one federal campaign cycle of communications experience, including digital strategy, social media management, content creation, editing of graphics, photos, and videos using software including Adobe Creative Cloud. The candidate should have experience with the Facebook business manager, Google Ads, and digital analytics. This is not an entry-level position.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds and with Florida ties are encouraged to apply. Fluency in Spanish or Kreyòl is a plus. Please submit your resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a digital sample to FL24.Resumes@mail.house.gov and include “Press Secretary/Digital Director” in the subject line.