The NoMi Village is a community-centric arts and entertainment venue that celebrates diverse cultures that represent the fabric of North Miami and offers a curated mix of art, food, music, shopping, and entertainment. Using a curated approach to the programming of this multi-use event space, we hope to attract a diverse cultural mix to a dynamic city on the rise. People want to be a part of something big; something exciting that has never been done. Whether it is about bringing a community together, celebrating life, art, or music, The NoMi Village will curate experiential activations that are community centric and exclusive to North Miami.
People are our most important asset, and an experienced, dynamic, and energetic HR Manager will help to ensure that The NoMi Village maintains a happy and productive workplace, where everyone works to realize the vision and mission. This is an opportunity to promote corporate values, shape a positive and dynamic organizational culture, build infrastructure, and execute strategy that will deliver high quality programming and solutions. As a direct report to the Chief Director for Business Development, the HR Manager will:
- Oversee all aspects of recruitment and onboarding, training, performance management, time and leave management, employee relations and protocols, training and development, compliance, records management, and payroll for all staff and subcontractors.
- Design and/or implement relevant and necessary data and curriculum, materials, and other resources. Supports current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Actively partner with C-Suite leaders to support the strategy development, execution, and relationship building for a successful business model that also impacts the surrounding community.
- Maintain consistent communication with employees and leaders for information sharing, policy, and procedural check-ins, and to build camaraderie. Plan, manage, and coordinate all employee relations functions and activities.
- Regularly perform all time-management and payroll related functions such as approval of time entry, periodic audits of time records, and communication of non-compliance instances.
The role requires high visibility and performance on-site, with potential for greater flexibility and work-life integration, in the future. Incumbent must be willing to volunteer and engage in organizational-sponsored or other important corporate events. The ideal candidate is an HR professional who:
Has proven experience creating, implementing, and interpreting HR policies, advising employees on said policies, and ensuring compliance with local legal regulations (specifically in the restaurant, hospitality, and event management industry)
Takes a “client-first” [cj1] approach to everything they do,
Takes initiative, implements proactive measures, and is agile,
Has a passion for people, innovation, inclusion and values that align with The NoMi Village,
Understands the importance of, and how to build, trust and an unforgettable customer experience through people,
Is skilled at managing time and conflicting priorities, while effectively managing expectations
Is prepared to support and contribute to a dynamic, high-growth organization,
Can work in an environment, and at a pace, which is ambiguous as a start-up,
Undergraduate degree in Business Management, Administration, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
Monthly Benefits Stipend (eligibility period applies)
Variable Compensation Eligibility
NoMi is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace and culture. NoMi does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status and any other legally protected status. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation for the interview process, please email@example.com.
TO APPLY, EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@THENOMIVILLAGE.COM