At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people. We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Director of Last Mile Logistics will be a key partner in creating and executing a best-in class delivery experience for customers of HelloFresh US. We are looking for an experienced and strategic operations and transportation leader, who is interested in helping us grow and transform our logistics operations. You will partner directly with our Executive Leadership Team and Functional partners to oversee the expansion and optimization of our last mile network across the U.S. We are looking for hands-on, data-driven talent with a focus on speed and agility. This person will play a major role in supporting the on-going success of HelloFresh and the evolution of our business
– Partner with the existing Logistics Team to implement new last mile strategies and ways of working that support the growth of our business and align with HelloFresh’s vision.
– Lead the ongoing development and implementation of a scalable last-mile logistics strategy for the company, including building support and consensus for your approach, as well as the management and execution of tactical work related to this strategy.
– Expand our national network of last-mile delivery hubs to meet growing capacity needs across all HelloFresh brands, delivering breakthrough results in both quality and cost.
– Collaborate with business leaders across the company including, Ops, Finance, HR, and other functions, to achieve challenging profitability metrics for ‘average cost per box’ and other broad organizational goals.
– Build HelloFresh’s capabilities to shorten delivery times and reduce errors, identifying the optimal routing of each flow from origin to destination and providing recommendations on hub locations and future expansion strategy
– 8+ years of senior leadership experience in Logistics, Transportation, Operations Strategy or Supply Chain Management with a national consumer products business or hyper growth stage company—food & beverage or transportation industry preferred
– An integrative problem-solving approach, partnering across functions to deliver results
– Experience managing operations or transportation teams across multiple locations to deliver break-through results, establish new ways of working, and open new facilities
At minimum you have…
– Experience deploying technology and tools to support ongoing operational improvements. Sound judgment and expertise about introducing automation and managing transitions from manual to tech-enabled processes
– Proven ability to effectively motivate and manage a high performing team; successful track record hiring and developing talent in a high-growth environment
– Achieved step-change results, especially with respect to transit time, cost reduction and quality control initiatives
– Very strong analytical skills with a passion for using data to develop innovative, effective solutions to address business needs. Ability to execute deep dives to eliminate problems at their source
– Excitement for working in a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
– Demonstrated track record of successful negotiation and ability to build high-value supplier contracts and partnerships, such as with staffing agencies, fleet operators, and tech providers
– The ability to look around corners to anticipate problems before they arise, with a proactive approach to innovation, workforce planning, and launch strategies to support future needs
What you get…
– Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
– Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
– $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
– 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
– Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
– Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
– Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!