Are you passionate about the future of cities?
Knight Foundation’s Community and National Initiatives team seeks an intellectually curious and data driven researcher, a process-oriented project manager and a detail-focused administrator to advance and support the department’s investments in Knight cities and communities across the country, reporting directly to the vice president of Community and National Initiatives.
The Community and National Initiatives program advances inclusive, engaged, and equitable communities, through investments in entrepreneurship, public spaces, digital engagement, and downtown and neighborhood revitalization. As communities across the country recover from the pandemic, you will play a critical role in better understanding the opportunities and challenges our cities face on-the-ground and will leverage that knowledge to support the future vision and strategy of the programmatic work.
- Advance the key initiatives of a geographically distributed team through sound project management.
- Perform the research and data analysis required to recommend thoughtful courses of action to leadership.
- Facilitate the timely flow of information by liaising and partnering with other foundation departments.
- Leverage existing expertise to manage a small portfolio of grants.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Applies intellectual horsepower to concepts and complexity.
- Scopes out length and difficulty of projects, breaks down work, develops schedules and drives a sense of urgency while motivating others.
- Relates well to and builds rapport with people at all levels of the organization.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Probes all sources of information in researching and uses rigorous logic, methods, and honest analysis to solve difficult problems.
- Synthesizes considerable inputs into strong written recommendations.
- Develops creative data analytics frameworks to drive further impact across the portfolio.
- Believes in Knight Foundation’s mission.
Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Local candidates preferred.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.kf.org
Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.