You are an experienced organizational development professional, passionate about impacting an environment of learning and high-performance talent. You enjoy working in partnership with others to design and implement scalable solutions that bring out the best in people and organizations.
Using a systems approach, the Director of Talent Management serves as a strategic partner to evolve and reinforce the strategies, structures, processes and culture for the organization. The Director has proven skills in organizational development and can accurately assess needs and apply best practice OD diagnostics, methodology and tools to achieve desired outcomes.
We are social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results.
These are some of the important skills and experiences required to make an impact in this role:
- Ability to bring out the leader in every person;
- Holistic approach: development that emphasizes education, self-awareness, connections;
- Collaboration and professionalism: build, manage and leverage relationships with talent, stakeholders, vendors;
- Design thinking: incorporate the process for innovative problem solving;
- Influence: engage systems that facilitate trust and improved performance;
- Facilitation: guide participation in search of knowledge and collaborative solutions;
- Conduct needs assessments; create/manage curriculum;
- Communication and writing: proven ability to communicate ideas and insights in person, virtually, and in writing, succinctly and with impact; produce clear, insightful and engaging presentations for a variety of audiences;
- Technical expertise: competency modeling; full-cycle talent management; change management;
- Commitment to excellence: first step to continuous improvement;
- Strong project management skills;
- Thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment;
- And, may have an advanced degree in organizational development, business administration, industrial/ organizational psychology, or the like.
The most likely candidates will have consulting and/or professional experience in talent management and learning and development; and are conversant with stakeholders at all levels about trends and issues that impact the organization and culture.
Are you up for the challenge? Join us and make an impact.
To learn more and apply: follow the link provided, submit your resume, and in a cover letter tell us what energizes your passion for this work.