The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) Team is the Company’s primary business group for the promotion of DE&I as a core value of our culture and operations. Focus areas of the DE&I Team include design and development of DE&I policy and programs critical to company operations across business units. The DE&I Team are critical subject matter experts of DE & I and are responsible for its integration into the company culture and in the development of leaders, management and front-line employees. The DE&I team will provide leadership to the property/corporate division Councils and the enterprise-wide Team Member Resource Groups (“TMRGs”); and will be the main resource for D&I best practices – as well as other special events and activities as designated. This position is an integral part of supporting all strategies, initiatives and programs of the DE& I Team.
- Designs and implement an overall strategy to maximize the effectiveness of TMRGs and Councils.
- Responsible for the design, preparation and delivery of the agenda, instruction curricula and other programming elements for the Councils and the Team Member Resource Groups (“TMRG”) – This includes subject matter related to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, the Company’s values and mottos, leadership and talent development and employee engagement, all in alignment with Company-wide goals and objectives.
- Provides independent, decisive action, particularly in managing the Councils, the TMRGs and other DE&I programs and initiatives.
Leads and supports TMRG and Council meetings independently without supervision.
- Provides leadership/career development coaching and guidance on an individual basis to employees who may be participants in/members of the Councils and the TMRGs.
- Responsible for developing and implementing recommendations to drive increase in TMRG membership/participation; monitor, track, and develop a plan to increase TMRG member certifications; and ensures adherence to monthly schedules for TMRG meetings.
- Takes the lead role in managing all aspects of Social Media pertaining to TMRGs, including maintaining the Company’s internal TMRG website and connected pages; monitoring TMRG social platform quality assurance; and ensuring TMRG compliance with the Company’s Social Media protocols.
- Serves as the subject matter expert of the DE&I Team by providing research and analysis, and external benchmarking, of DE&I trends and best practices as it relates to TMRGs and Councils.
- Owns responsibility for advising key stakeholders of progress against DE&I goals related to TMRGs and Councils in the annual strategic plan reporting on Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”).
- Provides direction and makes recommendations based on DE& I reporting and KPIs to DE&I Team leadership, Department leadership, and Company senior leadership
- Serves as a company representative at meetings, programs, or events conducted by external DE & I and other stakeholders.
- Provides input and support for the preparation of the Company’s responses to DE&I reputation surveys, questionnaires, etc.
Acts as project lead for other initiatives, programs, and projects of the Department, as assigned including the annual Inclusion Summit.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining timetables for projects; manages deadlines and resources; works with a wide degree of creativity and latitude as well as minimal supervision; and regularly updates his/her own skills through ongoing training and formal education.
- Acts as a mentor of other Company team members and models the competencies and standards of effective leadership; participates in Company-sponsored volunteer and other opportunities.
- Responsible for research and measurement of best practices in order to develop a TMRG and Council effectiveness scorecard.
- Owns responsibility for maintenance and updates of the playbooks for the onboarding of new TMRG and Council officers.
- Responsible for design and implement a registration system for sign ups and tracking of TMRG and Council participation.
- Develops, implements and monitors the communication strategy to introduce all TMRG and Council programs.
- Proactively capture feedback from participants to refine and revise the TMRGs and Councils as needed
- Works with HR Learning & Development team to communicate professional development resources to TMRGs and Councils.
- Manages and maintains the TMRG annual budget.
- Facilitates the Inclusion Circles and Focus Group discussions with Council members.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Act as a liaison between Company leaders and TMRG & Council members to support business objectives
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience preferably with a concentration in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or subject matter related to Diversity & Inclusion; or equivalent education and experience
- Three (3) years of experience in a Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion role, or related experience.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry a bonus (e.g., casino, hotel, restaurant, retail)
- 2-4 years’ experience with Event and Community Engagement Initiatives
- 2-4 years’ experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Solid understanding of public relations and corporate DE&I principles, best practices
- Experience with senior leadership presentations
- Experience with collaboration among various stakeholders internally and externally
Proven communication abilities, including writing, speaking and active listening
Mastery of written English, modern style guides and voice/tone, e.g., corporate, PR, marketing, casual
Ability to communicate with and between departments at all levels
Good data analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Understanding of crisis management and strategic communication
Project management with a keen sense of urgency to meet hard publishing deadlines
A curiosity that drives continued self-learning and development
Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
Highly organized and capable of setting deadlines and priorities
Willing to work and travel between locations
Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking and managing often changing priorities
A desire to grow their knowledge base and proactively engage in self-education
Ability to move through the corporate office (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time
Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists
Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear
Ability to tolerate exposure to florescent light, cold, and loud/noisy environments
Ability to travel via automobile, train or airplane for long periods of time
Multi-lingual is a bonus; mastery of written English is required
Extensive experience with MS Office Suite, esp. Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign, preferred
Layout and design experience a plus
Experience with an international brand and cross-cultural communication