Integrated Media Strategist – Boston or Newburyport, MA
Matter is an independent and thriving brand elevation agency unifying PR, social media, creative services, search marketing and digital marketing. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse industries, including technology, consumer and professional services. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ worlds so that we can develop and execute strategic, content-rich campaigns that inspire action and build value through measurable results.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing a team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We’re currently looking for a dynamic, results-focused Integrated Media Strategist to join our team who will report to the VP of Integrated Media and will work collaboratively across the agency. Key responsibilities include:
- Persona and Media consumption strategy development. Be a critical part of the team that leads and executes upfront brand strategy work including persona development, media planning, and insight development.
- Partner with the account teams and digital teams to plan and execute smart marketing programs that deliver results for our clients. Help drive the full process from strategy and plan development, to execution and measurement.
- Help drive the development of strategic, integrated programs (across digital, print, radio, television and/or out-of-home) that address campaign objectives and deliver business results for one or more clients.
- Lead paid media programs
- Lead and collaborate with a team of digital specialists to execute marketing / media programs
- Manage in-market campaigns to ensure performance, delivery and optimizations with superior results
- Manage program budgets, invoicing and billing reconciliation
- Best in class process and partners
- Execute programs with and maintain relationships with key partners in the media publishing and technology realms
- Research potential media partners, evaluating opportunities and presenting strategy to clients
New Business & Internal Leadership
- Help be part of the new business process with your vast media strategy and insight experience.
- Drive media-focused pitches as leading voice
- Proactively present new ideas, opportunities, and best practices to agency colleagues and clients
- Help Matter expand our Integrated Media skill set beyond paid search and paid social to include ABM strategies, programmatic and other paid opportunities to achieve client objectives
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4-5+ years media strategy, strategy insights, planning experience across digital/social/mobile, TV, radio, print and/or OOH
- Superior marketing strategy skill set
- Superior client services skills
- Demonstrated experience driving cutting-edge, complex, integrated program design and implementation with demonstrable ROI
- Proven ability drafting Points of View, strategic plans, and performance reports in a logical format/flow, being sure to detail strategic insights and learnings with clarity and purpose
- Curiosity about the ever-changing media landscape, and desire to share latest industry trends and developments with broader team
- Proven team builder with both client and cross-capability teams, clarifying roles and expectations
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills (written & verbal)
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.