OMNI is seeking candidates for an Impact Manager position! Our Impact team designs and implements marketing and business development programs across OMNI’s content areas to win projects that address complex systemic issues and improve the lives of individuals and the conditions of communities.
Reporting to the Director of Impact, the Impact Manager will provide business development and marketing support with creativity and a high degree of autonomy. This includes gathering business intelligence, identifying and developing clients, partners, and contacts, participating in business capture and proposal development. This also includes managing OMNI’s brand assets, conference and speaking engagements, social media and web presence, and other areas of marketing implementation.
The successful candidate will build meaningful relationships with teammates across the organization, be highly resourceful and self-driven, and effectively communicate across teams, leveraging the expertise of others to achieve goals. They will have a passion for solving problems creatively and will hold themselves to a high standard of excellence. They will be a strong communicator with the ability to ask precise questions and distill basic research findings.
- A passion for solving pressing social challenges.
- Experience collaborating with teams whose members depend on each other for interdependent workstreams.
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to clearly communicate with and work meaningfully with teams.
- Innate curiosity with a desire to ask more questions, look at information from a different perspective, and question how you can make something better; an interest and willingness to work on new projects and develop new skillsets.
- The ability to adapt, learn, and grow through your work; to hold your work to high standards with strong attention to detail.
During your first year at OMNI, you will:
- Lead the growth of OMNI’s website to showcase our projects across content areas and methodologies.
- Own content creation for OMNI’s social media platforms and email newsletter.
- Support the development of marketing and business development activities at conferences.
- Lead dissemination and marketing efforts for new publications as they are completed by the research and evaluation project teams.
- Contribute to the launch and growth of OMNI’s podcast.
- Collaborate on the development of OMNI’s press engagement strategy.
- Research business opportunities in key markets, including geographies with an already existing OMNI presence as well as within new geographies. Contribute to data-driven recommendations on new markets to enter as evidence suggests and opportunities arise.
- Facilitate the identification, understanding, and development of potential clients, including in the government, philanthropic, nonprofit, and private sectors.
- Identify and qualify key partner organizations and potential staff connections, and evaluate competitor activities.
- Assist in content development for proposals and other targeted business development efforts.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, first-generation North Americans, those who were first in their families to attend college, and people from marginalized income backgrounds.
As a proud equal opportunity workplace, we believe that a diverse team is fundamental to living our core values. Diverse perspectives provide new ways of asking questions (Inquiry), fresh approaches to tackling challenges (Agility), and contribute to a greater shared understanding of our community and sense of connection among our staff and to our clients (Connection).
Salary & Benefits
This is a salaried position with a salary range of $59,000 to $65,000 plus benefits, which include:
- 83% employer-paid health premiums
- Vision, dental, supplemental insurance
- 401k with company match of 50%, up to 8% of employee contribution
- Flexible working schedules
- PTO that begins with 3 weeks of PTO, 11 floating holidays, and annual office closures from Dec 24-Jan 1 and on the first Friday of April, July, and October.
This position is fully remote, located anywhere within the continental United States. OMNI’s headquarters office is in Denver, CO, where we have an office for staff to work from. Employees who choose not to work from OMNI’s office will need to have a suitable home office environment. We have limited work travel to a minimum during the COVID-19 pandemic; however, travel (up to 15% of time) may be required for certain projects.