Sell what you love. For us and millions of users across the globe, that’s spotify. Join the Sales team and you’ll build the relationships that help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We don’t just sell creative solutions to our clients and partners, we help to shape them; using our expert knowledge of ad products, sales channels and the industry to impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Business Operations team to head up Global Pricing, Inventory & Yield. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and leading Spotify’s global pricing and yield strategies across all our markets to ensure we are maximizing our ad revenue and delivering the best possible results for our customers. You will be a strategic partner across the ads business supporting ad sales, agency sales, finance, sales operations, product, marketing and R&D throughout the sales life cycle and long-term strategic planning. This role includes leadership, performance coaching, training, expert product knowledge, sales support expertise and the ability to drive revenue. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Build and maintain long-term-planning revenue budgets and models for all monetization channels– this includes collecting inputs, shaping revenue forecasts based on inputs, marketplace conditions, assessing strategy and presenting various views on the long-range revenue model.
• Directly manage a global team of pricing & inventory individuals to support and drive revenue in accordance with Spotify’s sales strategy.
• Working closely with the VP of Sales to establish strategic direction, planning and organizational structures to support the rapid growth and monetization of our evolving digital properties.
• Responsible for yield management across all demand channels and formats around the globe.
• Oversee global rate cards and deal/inventory approvals.
• Be an expert on all responsibilities, processes and tools of the Pricing & Inventory team, serving as a point of escalation to provide solutions for the team.
• Build and execute pricing strategies and sales packages to maximize revenue.
• Produce necessary pricing and inventory requirements to global sales leaders to achieve their targets & goals.
• Partner with global sales leads, business operations and product to understand supply & demand levers.
• Develop new systems and reports to provide business leaders with the necessary data to make strategic pricing and inventory decisions.
• Be the leading advocate for the Spotify pricing & inventory strategy.
• Provide team guidance and coaching that strengthens team behaviors to bolster revenue.
• Deliver strategic pricing strategies to drive increased deal flow for client retention and new business.
• Provide bi-annual development talks to your direct reports inclusive of peer 360 feedback, areas of improvement, and future goals to drive ongoing career growth. Approve and communicate bi-annual compensation adjustments.
WHO YOU ARE:
• You have a minimum of 12 years of experience leading Digital Inventory & Yield for an Ad Agency, Publisher, Platform, Network or Ad Tech Vendor.
• Proven results creating and implementing strategies that drive growth, optimizing pricing and accurately reporting on business performance
• Knowledge in ad operations and the programmatic landscape especially with Google Ad Manager and/or another ad-serving platform, such as AdX, Rubicon, The Trade Desk is required
• You understand the technical foundations of digital media, podcasts and programmatic mediums and have the ability to proactively identify solutions to problems
• You are a highly organized and focused multi-tasker with strong attention to detail, analytical and project management skills, and can work independently within a team focused organization
• You have excellent dexterity with Google and Microsoft suite of products including excel and powerpoint and have experience working within CRMs, Order Management Systems, ad servers and other digital media tech systems
For more information or to apply, please reach out to Kimberly Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org